Saturday, February 24, 2007

sleep

okay so sleep is important right? I mean it's essential that we close our eyes into dreamworld for at least 5 hours, right? okay. So why then did I only get 1 hour of it last night?????????!!!!
These past 2 nights I've been doing some marathon poetry. Spoken word cafe's until 1 or 2 in the a.m. Normally, that's cool...but not when you must rise before the sun at 4:30am for work the next day. What was I thinking? you ask...well..i wasn't. I figured I'd catch some shuteye on the train or in the Reflection room at my job(which is supposed to be used for prayer!) or that I could hack it. I'm a soldier, shux this body can take a licking and keep on ticking. NOT. By 8a.m. when I was just a halfhour into my shift, I was already falling asleep at the desk. As the seconds crawled by, I wondered how in the heck I was EVER gonna make it to 1 minute, let alone 8 hours. I did scold myself..about 50 million times and asked for God's forgiveness. My body is, after all, HIS home. Christ's temple is my body and I must take care of it.
I actually used to do marathon poetry all of the time. I'm a night person anyways and there's just something real appealing to me about the artist burning those midnight candles and throwing caution to the wind and delving headfirst into his or her art. But..God teaches us to use wisdom. Let's say it together now...W-I-S-D-O-M. Nothing of the aforementioned says "wisdom". Aight so I got off track and it'll take me the weekend to recover. I'm still on this blog, writing..still with only one hour of sleep. What do I think I'm gonna get a medal for this or something??!! NOT.
So now that I've spilled and kicked myself enough ...I gots to retire to that dreamland that has alluded me. Or should I say I have alluded it.
peace and sweet,blessed dreams.
love u Lord

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Akili said...

Hilarious! I know what you mean, and I am not the one running the marathon! I'm behind the scenes handing out water, but still just as tired! SLOW DOWN and give God's Temple some rest! :-D

7:10 PM  
Blogger Jaz said...

amen my sista, amen!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home