Saturday, January 13, 2007

maybe next year

they lost..I'm sad for them. This time I watched most of the game and even thought I don't understand the plays & football lingo; I wanted them to win. But I said a quick prayer for the Eagles tonight & it's just disappointing that this keeps happening. It always amazes me at the end of some 1 millioneth interview someone always sums it up with "maybe next year". That's some serious faith and dedication..or just plain 'ole craziness. And when they say it, I think too "yeah, maybe next year"...what else is there to say?
Among the post game and news coverage, there was also a report of a 23 year old female soldier dying. I thought, "now this is really what's important". Even though the hard work and dreams of men in green gear do matter..a young life snuffed out tops. I pray for her family. I pray above all that she was saved. That she will be with her creator & memories of bombs will be wiped away.
I thought of the hard work of them both..the female soldier and the men in green..and how things came to and end for both. Although the end of a season can't compare to someone's passing...we all experience and share in disappointment and pain. I praise God that only He can get us through these hard times. When dreams die and when our loved ones are gone. I praise God that I have a hope in Him. And that my heart is always in the best of care is His hands.
So Lord I pray for the pain of them both and that you would encourage and lift up heavy hearts and saddened minds. That maybe You would even use all of it to draw someone to You and set someone free..in the name of Jesus I pray. amen

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home