Tuesday, February 20, 2007

my childhood friends are dying

Today another childhood friend was buried. I keep picturing the faces and hearing the cries. The sniffs and coughs and backs bent over from grief. My childhood friend was so young..she was my age..exactly my age. When I heard about it, my mind couldn't absorb it. When I saw her in the casket, she didn't look herself. She suffered, for a long time. It breaks my heart that I don't know whether or not she made peace with Christ. I can't say if she's in the Lord's bosom or not. I can only hope. I looked around while sitting there at different faces and wondered whether or not they were saved. I wondered how in the world they would make it through this pain, if they didn't have Jesus? I thank God for His mercy in saving me when I was 7 years old and keeping me serving and living for Him. My eyes are only open, because Jesus opened them. My name is only written in the Lamb's book of life b/c the Holy Spirit drew me to Him and caused me to confess and believe on the Messiah. I wanted so desperately to reach into the hearts of those rejecting Christ and changing them. But only the Lord can do that. I wanted them to know that life is not promised and folks are leaving this earth younger and younger. The enemy don't care nothing about age. My sister reminded me that when we were young, we would always tell our friends on the block about Jesus. I can't quite remember that. Even though God saved me, I hadn't yet understood about a "personal" relationship. But I knew I loved Jesus. I'm glad she reminded me of that, cause I hoped that I had told my friend about the Lord.
I hadn't seen alot of them in years. It was so good to get reaccquainted and give warm hugs to the people I grew up with. I held onto one hand while saying good-bye and with a burning in my heart, I said "Please keep Jesus in your heart". Walking away, I felt as if I should've said more. I will pray that the Word spoken at the funeral will arrest every unsurrendered heart and that God's Spirit will give the increase. I noticed how when the preacher got up, that folks started moving around and going outside and stuff like that. The enemy did not want them to hear the Gospel. I prayed that Christ's Spirit would follow them wherever they were going and work on their heart.
My childhood friends are dying. The Lord is soon to return. It is time to get right with Jesus and start living for the One we were made for. I'm a mixture of feelings and I pray that everytime I think about today, I will cry out on my knees for the unsaved. For the youth who sat and slid down in their chairs-uninterested in the Word of God. For the ones who will go on in spiritual blindess..back to their lives..never changed. GOD HAVE MERCY AND SAVE BY YOUR SPIRIT!! Lord Jesus, watch over your Word and let it not return back void to You. Bring some more flock into your kingdom, for your Glory Lord! Comfort the hurting and save the lost, in the name of Jesus. Thank you for saving me.
I luv u Lord

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home