Sunday, August 13, 2006

ahhhhh! update

Here sits in it's jar, the moth thingy I caught a couple weeks back, in my crib. It's dried up now and it's wings are petrified in mid air and I think I see the mouth slightly ajar. What an awful way to go. As I look at it's sad demise, I keep asking it out loud "WHAT were you doing in my crib??!!". Do I feel sorry for it? yes. Actually I didn't compute that once I sealed in up in an airtight glass jar, that life as it knew it, would expire. I wanted to keep the thing alive and just study it(former science experimenter!) & look @ those beautiful wings. But alas, that's not gonna happen.
I was kinda taken aback when I came home and saw it was gone after only 1 day of being in the jar. When I initially captured it, a can of aerosol something housed it on the carpet in my hallway. When I came back to it, 3 DAYS LATER, it was STILL ALIVE. I pictured it attacking me, just to get me back for cutting it down in the prime of it's life. Think "The Birds". I always wondered if an insect would ever come back to haunt me & exact its' revenge(it get's stranger,trust me). So I sat there @around 2 in the morning, mind you, recovering from being sick all week, and I waited it out. Seeing as though it was still flopping around, I knew I had to get it back on its' backside (I've heard that cuts off air) & so I commenced to move the different objects I placed over it, around and around and get it dizzy & to do what I needed it to do..turn ova!!! I was amazed at how it fought for breathing rights.
'Bout 1 hour later, I was finally able to get it in the glass jar and it didn't fight me. "Great", I thought, "Now I can have my very own butterfly to look at and admire. Maybe have it inspire me to flight. Humph. No such luck.
The thing conked out on me & I bet it never knew the elaborate plans I had for it's winged body.
I kinda want my butterfly back. And I keep calling it that, but really I think it was a moth b/c of the gray body and non-colorful wings. Darn! the dang thing couldn't even deliver on that end.

UM-WHY AM I WRITING ABOUT MOTHS??

Ok I'm tired. But I just wanted 2 share this w/u world and bask in the horrified look u now have after reading this post.
Yeah it's me, I'm weird.
And I like it.
thanks you.

peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home