Wednesday, July 25, 2007

For your grace...

I thought a whole lot today about the destitute places God has bought me from. Yes-destitute.
Someone very close to me has walked away from the Lord and is lost and in bondage. I go back in forth in my emotions. I get angry b/c this person's actions are hurting so many others. I get sad that I can't save this person. I sometimes feel hopeless and helpless.
And then, the Lord gives me His tears. His sorrow for His lost child. Praise be to God, that's when I can pray the Father's heart. That's when all of my feelings fall away and I can be an open receptable for the the Spirit of God. That's when I get only an inkling of how many tears God's cries for His children. When we hurt ourselves, when we hurt each other, when we hurt Him. God have mercy
I thought, if not for the grace of God, this could be me too. I am not exempt from falling away again. And I'm not speaking negative things but it's about being humble and real and realizing the sinful heart is "desperately wicked and beyond cure". That if I don't keep myself under the blood of Jesus, I can fall too. Some falls are short. Others are longer. I want no damage at all to my loved ones, but if there has to be some(for God's purposes)I pray it be minimal. I pray for His ever-flowing, abundant and infinite mercy and grace. I pray for His power on high to be released so that we may be enabled to go through storms. The kind of storms that shake us to the core and leave us wishing for our existence to be extinct. Oh yeah, we can be there too.

Father God, have YOUR way above all. Even though these mysteries of suffering and pain are not yet revealed, stay your hand of mercy and grace. Empower us, uphold us, strengthen us by your mighty power. We shall faint if you don't help us. We shall give up if you don't keep us. Oh my Lord sometimes the suffering is used to bring us to our knees b/c we have been unfaithful to you. Other times it's meant to prune us. At all times it's meant to manifest your Glory through broken clay vessels. "What is man that you are mindful of Him"? You STILL want us, even though we break your heart. You STILL want us in all of our mess and unrighteousness. Oh God I don't pretend to understand it all. But you know EXACTLY what's going on with YOUR creation and YOUR world, and at ALL times you are in control. The enemy is deceived and thinks He's winning. You ALLOW him to think that. But you oh Lord are not mocked. I praise you that "every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess" that you are LORD.. HALLELUJAH..VICTORIOUS JESUS.. FOREVER.

"He views the ends of the earth and sees everything under the heavens" Job 28:24

" But he stands alone, and who can oppose him? He does whatever he pleases" Job 23:13

"But God drags away the mighty by his power; though they become established, they have no assurance of life". "He may let them rest in a feeling of security, but his eyes are on their ways". "For a little while they are exalted, and then they are gone; they are brought low and gathered up like all others; they are cut off like heads of grain" Job 24:22-24

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home