Friday, October 13, 2006

*Working on my first cd**

Praise the Lord, I should be going into the studio this Saturday working on my first cd. Got a few fears, okay who am I kidding! lol..many fears, but God's got that as well. I just wrote a new song the other night and it came out of my devotion w/the Lord(as most of my songs have). I pray it heals me as well as others who will hear it.
I'm gonna record this new one first. God has told me to start performing my own songs at open mics. I usually sing other artists' songs but it's time to step out and bring what Jesus writes through me. It's kinda funny cause I have no music to it, 'cept the music in my heart, but I've sang in church many times w/no music and I love acapella, so it will work out. I pray though I eventually get music to go with my open mic performances.
My thoughts..is this really finally happening? how long will it take? will I make it through? will it be received?
"Oh Christ, help me to fully give this to you as you gave it to me. These are your words, this is your vessel..you told me to step out and now that's what I'm doing. Open up my flower and surround me with people that will support and believe in my vision. Help me to be a student & sponge and help me to be disciplined and to BE MYSELF. Give me divine wisdom and bring musicians, vocalist, managers, agents, record companies divinely ordered by you into my existence. Help me to speak up for myself and know what's good for me. Hep me to believe in myself and to commit to glorifying your name and touching people lives with your hand. Help me to have fun! and enjoy this process. I love you. I come against the spirit of fear in the name of Jesus. Be high and lifted up Lord always and forever!" amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home