Thursday, February 23, 2006

poem

Popularity & Handclaps(inspired by Jean Moore)-by Jaz
Make it straight Lord
for I'm still too concerned
Give me divine sight
Slough off the need for affirmation
You send me
So shall I go
without pretense and agenda
The only program is your program
Requirement is obedience
May I delight in my yes-
also your gift
for one cannot come
unless you draw
Let the faces in the crowd
not dictate
pedestal
or
low-totem
Oh Messiah!
Let me get this thing right!
Truth and light
be my morsel
the thing I chew on
Wisdom-
feast on
May I remember what it took
to get me here
All the boulders
that didn't crush
The darts that didn't stop
Me
FREE!
Whole
A miracle
That is my handclap
Even if I never see
the end result
Even if they never put
my name on a marquee
Even if they never say
"Jaz, that was peace"
I'm free
Free to be
your Arms
Legs
Hands
Feet
Mouthpiece
Inspite of
fire-breathing demons
I showed up
to do thus sayeth the Lord
and that
Is
My
Reward.
Copyright2005 byJaz

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's Hot! Jaz

Your flow is awesome.
Do Yo-thing Mighty-Vessel of God...

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home