Thursday, December 01, 2005

does she talk?

oh pooh...I think I'm getting a cold
it starts with the scratchy throat and then the post nasal drip...this blows!(lol..no pun intended)
I don't have alot to say today
I'm glad friday is dress-down day and I would like some hot creamy grits,eggs and sausages for breakfast! sounds good huh?
think I'll go perform tomorrow at open mic...need to get my strength back up...need to sing
God continues to lift my spirits...I'm able to praise him and pray and read the word a little bit more...how amazing He is! just last week I wasn't able to do any of this...
oh..well..u know how u thought u didn't have much to say but then things come to u?
ok

Today I felt very invisible at work(which is nothing new)...I aspire to a quiet mind but I sit in the busiest, noisiest aisle and I could feel them today..the energy of wanting me to change and mingle in w/the group...ya know, gossip, talk about people, complain...I could feel their nails..their roar....the Lord let me hear one of the ladies talking about me...she was right across from my desk and I had my headphones on(but I had the volume low)...she was saying "man, she doesn't even try to mix in with the group" "does she ever talk?" "she's not arguing with anyone"(isn't that insane?!)...and I heard the lady she was discussing me with say "she talks when she feels like it".......have u ever heard someone talk about u and they didn't know u hear them?...it's amazing what they will say...
I started to turn around and let her know I heard her..but I just filed it away and then gave it to God...
why quiet?
over the years , God has taught me discipline of my tongue...and as I was talking w/another Christian sister today about Christians...we do stand out...we are strange..and people will test us..poke and prod..ooh and aah..and spit venom...people get caught up in the little stories of life..they talk to each other in disrespectful ways everyday..supposedly it's endearing...calling one another "itch"...like that's the name they were born with...sometimes people constantly run their mouth b/c there's an emptiness inside....I can see it...sense it...that used to be me.
I've already witnessed the ladies trying to test me, seeing how far they can go, what I will and won't tolerate...ready to say at any moment "I thought u were a Christian?"
one brushes past the desk I sit at frequently, another bumps into the desk alot,some come in my space talking read loud...and even though I see right through it ,it still stings at times. I stay close to Christ and rejoice in the fact that I am validated by the creator of all...he makes me feel..makes me real..gives me value..and self-love.......
I remember when I hadn't yet been enlightened years ago, I bought into the low opinions others had of me and turned myself inside out to be liked...
so I praise God for this kind of suffering b/c I'm not the same and I know my name...I know who I am in Christ..and that makes all the difference in the world.
VICTORY!

and I didn't have much to say? LOL
peace and blessings
gnite

1 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

aw i am sorry you feel like you are getting a cold - it sincerely does blow (lol). you are not alone tho my friend, i have had the hoarsest, scratchy, deep, man voice since yesterday... first i accredited it to too much shouting with all the kids, but it's persevering and i keep getting the shivers and a nasty cough... i pray i don't get sick!

i enjoyed reading this post so much - God is constantly convicting me and reminding me of the power of the tongue and how we truly must be slow to speak... your post was an encouragement and yet another gentle reminder... thank you... and praise God for the work he is doing with you!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home